The Erie County Historical Society is dedicated to collecting, preserving and promoting the study of our region’s history.
The Erie County Historical Society (ECHS) has been a keeper of all things local history since 1899. Today the collections number over 35,000+ objects related to local history, over one and a half miles of archival material, drawings along with books, collections of personal papers of local citizens, and archives of local organizations. ECHS shares these collections with the public through museums exhibits at historic sites, outreach programs to schools and community groups, and our research library. In 2015, the ECHS concluded a significant $3.5 million upgrade and expansion of the Thomas B. Hagen History Center, 356 West Sixth Street on Millionaires’ Row in Erie, PA.